Bio Enzyme Drain Maintenance System
- Protects drains and traps from waste build up and blockage
- Uses naturally occuring safe bacteria to break down FOGs
- Completely automatic system, reducing need for maintenence
- Achieves legal obligations to prevent blockages in sewers
Up to 70% of drain blockages are caused by the build-up of fat, oils and grease. For commercial kitchens where grease is a product of the job, grease management systems becomes a necessary and legal requirement. If blockages are found that can be traced back to a restaurant or commercial kitchen, water companies can distribute fines if adequate measures to break down fat, oil and grease deposits entering the sewer system are not in place.
What is a Bio Enzyme Drain Cleaner?
A Bio Enzyme Drain Maintainer provides a cost-effective solution to the problem, helping to control grease build up, prevent drain blockages, minimise environmental impact and ensure compliance. Easy to install and maintain, the highly concentrated active bio-enzyme fluid is specially formulated to degrade fats, oils and grease found in commercial kitchen drains. The solution offers continuous protection and can be used either with a grease trap or as a standalone drain maintenance system.
Why Use Bio Enzyme to Maintain Drains?
Enzymes are biochemical digesters. They work by breaking apart complex compounds into smaller, more readily absorbed nutrients that natural bacteria can absorb. With Today’s modern kitchens using harsh cleaning chemicals, high temperatures and offering fast production rates, most drains and water treatment plants are full. Naturally occurring enzymes don’t get the chance to break down fats, oils and grease before blockages occur. Bio Enzyme drain cleaner is specially formulated to introduce enzymes that help to quickly break down all types of organic waste and odour into free-flowing liquid (thus preventing blockage).
The Complete Grease Management Service
We work with many of the UK’s leading pubs, restaurants and hotels to manage the problem of grease, keeping our customers' drainage systems operation and buildings compliant. For new-builds, we work with consultants and specifiers to design practical grease management arrangements and reduce the risk of drain blockages, improve hygiene and minimise the environmental impact of the kitchen. We are a solution orientated company and our focus is not only in supplying products but solving the problem itself. Our specially trained customer services team will be happy to discuss your individual requirements, understand your drainage configuration and put forward a bespoke solution to meet your needs.
Grease Management Law
- The UK Water Industry Act 1991 allows water companies to claim compensation from any offending restaurant, kitchen or commercial business found responsible for a grease blocking incident if they do not have appropriate grease management systems in place.
- The Building Regulations Act 2002 (Drainage and Waste Disposal) clearly outlines that grease management systems must be installed in appropriate premises including hotels, restaurants, hospitals, bakeries and fast food chains.
- The Food Safety Act 1990 means that if local authorities perform an inspection and find inadequate grease management has led to problems, legal action can be taken.
- The Environmental Protection Act 1991 places the duty of care on the company to dispose of grease, fats and cooking oils responsibly. If complaints are raised or blockages found, the local authority has the power to prosecute.
|Delivery Time||Delivery Time:Next Day|
Leasing InformationSorry no leasing can be calculated for this product. Leasing is currently only available on orders over £750.
- Standard Next-day delivery to UK mainland areas is £6.25
- We offer delivery services across the United Kingdom (including Highlands & Isles)
- Customers will qualify for free next-day delivery when the sub-total of the order (before taxes) is over £50.00.
- 98% of all orders received before 2PM reach the customer the following working day.
- We ship all heavy catering equipment and large appliances (such as commercial dishwashers) using pallets
- An additional geographic surcharge may be applied if delivered to an additional charge zone, even on orders over £50.00.
- See our delivery charge rates table for more information