Agave Fibre Plant Based Compostable Straws
21cm/8.2 Inch length with 6mm bore
Save 10% with our Bulk Buy Box of 2,500 Straws (10 boxes of 250)
Penka biodegradable drinking straws are made from 100% natural fibres from the Agave plant, a biproduct that's often left over as a waste material when making Tequila.
These plant based drinking straws are manufactured sustainably in Mexico and are naturaly biodegradable/compostable at end of life. They are also Vegan friendly, making them the perfect eco-friendly drinking straw for bars & restaurants.
Agave fibre straws break down naturally in as little as 12 months* in landfill, but unlike paper they do not disintegrate in drinks. Instead, they provide a similar drinking experience to plastic. This makes them perfect for serving high end cocktails and suitable for both hot and cold drinks.
This bulk buy offer includes 2,500 Agave drinking straws, packed in 10 retail dispenser boxes of 250 straws. Save up to 10% with this outstanding bulk-buy deal that's great for restaurants & caterers.
- Agave Fibre Biodegradable Compostable Drinking Straws
- Bulk buy box of 2,500 Agave drinking straws
- Packed in 10 retail dispenser boxes of 250 units each
- 21cm (8.2 inch) length with 6mm bore
- Biodegradable, compostable and recyclable
- 100% plant based and vegan friendly
- Biodegrades naturally in landfill conditions in 12 months*
- Similar drinking experience to plastic – doesn’t go soggy
- Great rigidity makes them ideal for cocktails & iced drinks
- Also perfect for any hot or cold beverage
- Agave fibres manufactured sustainably (biproduct from making Tequila)
- Manufactured in Mexico
- FDA approved for food contact & BPA free
Frequently Asked Questions
What is Agave Fibre?
PolyAgave is a line of bioplastic materials that are made from vegetable fibres which are the biproduct of agro-industrial processes. This is a natural-fiber-bioplastic with a unique and patented 100% Mexican technology.
How quickly does it degrade?
Penka Agave fibre straws are fully recyclable and biodegradable. *Agave straws begin the biodegradation process after 12 months and take between 12 and 60 months to fully degrade. This occurs naturally in the presence of oxygen and sunlight, meaning that these straws naturally disappear in landfill conditions, or even in the ocean, without any negative impact on the environment.
Why is it better than paper or PLA?
Unlike PLA, Agave fibre degrades naturally and does not need any special waste separation or area specific industrial process to be recycled.
Unlike paper, Agave fibres don’t break down in the drink, meaning there’s no more soggy straws and difficulty drinking thicker cocktails with ice etc. A much better experience for your customers.
Are Agave Fibre straws certified?
Penka Agave fibre straws have a biodegradation certificate which certifies that the product will degrade abiotically in the presence of oxygen. This complies with ASTM D6954 to provide accordance to BSI 8472 requisites of aerobic biodegradation in the presence of oxygen and UV rays.
In addition, they are certified to ASTM D5511 (ISO 15985) to prove anaerobic biodegradation in landfills and biologically active environments and ASTMD6691 for marine atmospheres. Download our certifications document for more information.
|Weight (Kg)||Weight (Kg):2.24|
|Dispatch Time||Dispatch Time:1-2 Days|
|Pack Size||Pack Size:2500|
|Bore (mm)||Bore (mm):6|
|Length (mm)||Length (mm):210|
|Straw Type||Straw Type:Drinking Straw|
|Straw Features||Straw Features:Biodegradable|
|Model Number||Model Number:PKBOX250-BULK|
Penka Agave Fibre Drinking Straws are made from the Agave plant is fully biodegradable, recyclable and odourless. In addition, our straws will not disintegrate unlike the paper straw.
The Agave Cultural landscape of Mexico is not celebrated for objects or architecture but instead for all the relationships between the people and the environment. Agave products are sold worldwide and support the people in a sustainable way. There are many hundred types of Agave of different shapes sizes and colours. Nowadays the Agave plant is mostly known as the raw material for the production or alcoholic beverages, but it also provided the fibre for clothing brushes spoons nets, fans, rope and even paper. The relationship between the agave a plant and the people of the region is long and intertwined. People care for the plants and the plants provide for the people.
Penka aims to continue a centuries old tradition and collaboration between the people and nature using a material which is provided so much in the past to create a product that can be part of everyday life and by doing so contribute to solving a major environmental issue.
- Delivery is free on all orders over £50 (Inc. VAT)
- For orders below £50, we offer two standard delivery charges, including next-day delivery from £6.49 (ex vat) and an economy small parcel 48-hour service from £3.79 (ex vat).
- Items fulfilled from our UK distribution centre are mostly dispatched the same day, if ordered before 2PM. Some items can take longer (such as those sent directly from the manufacturer) so we recommend reviewing the lead time badge on each product page.
- We may consolidate small items together into a single package. This might mean that item(s) you order may be held until your entire order is ready.
- All orders are sent tracked delivery. We will email you when goods are dispatched, and the couriers tracking details are included. If you enter a mobile number during checkout, we will also text any tracking details or order updates to you.
- When shipping large appliances & bulk orders, we normally send items on a pallet. Unless specified otherwise, these deliveries are kerbside only.
- Delivery is available UK nationwide, but a surcharge may be applied if you live in an additional charge zone.
- For further details please see our delivery terms.